Friday, July 2, 2010

Just Go

Well, without even looking at the blog before posting I know it's been quite a while since I posted.

Been busy, both at work and at home (although I do most of my postings from work (shhh....)) so a lack of time is certainly a factor but more-over I haven't felt inspired to do so.  

But do not think that's from a lack of progress, nay, in fact quite the opposite.  While I haven't suddenly materalized millions of dollars (I know that's what you're all looking for... relax, it'll happen... In fact, it already has, I just haven't reached that point yet, it's still ahead of me in this linear existence.  Soon, soon.).
But I have come to a new level of understanding.  My whole perspective has changed.  And it's a change I know most won't be able to grasp, so it seems pointless in a way to discuss it.
But I get it now.  I understand.  I know what I'm here to do.  And I know, that there is nothing that can stop me from achieving that, except my own self, my fears, my doubts, my own dramas.  Or a sudden, unexpected death but that doesn't worry me in the slightest.   Yes, much might happen in the physical to cause interruption to one's journey.  But as long as you remain focused on the end, not the present drama, you will eventually reach it.
Preston Squire is an author providing free positive thinking, inspirational, motivational and success materials. You can find more articles by Preston Squire at http://www.thecuphalffull.com/
©Preston Squire 2010

Let say your body is like a car.   You're driving from NY to LA (or Toronto to Vancouver) and midway you get involved in a severe car accident.   Are you dead?  No?  Then you're journey is merely delayed, once you recover you can continue. Paralyzed?  Fly.  You may not know how or when you will ultimately arrive, but do not doubt you will.   You may get lost.  Run out of gas and have to stop in some small town, find work and then bus.  Who knows?  But will you arrive.  Yes.  As long as that is your focus.

But people always get caught up in the now, in the past, in the imagined future of 'what if'.   They allow fear and doubt to deter them.  Often it's deeply rooted and they cannot even pin-point the source of their procrastination.   None of it matters.  There's you, and there's where you are going.  Know you will arrive and go.  Don't fuss over how, when, etc.  Just know you'll get there and go.    The 12 Power P's of Enduring Success all come into play, certainly, you need Purpose, Plan, Promise, etc.  But go, just go, live the life you were intended to live.    What is that life?   That's a question you must answer, and the answer is there, within you.   If you can calm yourself enough you will find it.

But people listen to all the nay-sayers and there will always be plenty of those, far, far more than yeah-sayers.  In this case NY-LA is a poor example as people travel that now every day.  When I was born, man was only just landing on the moon.   I'm sure before that occurred, a whole lot of people thought it'd never happen (some still don't believe it ever did!).   Before Columbus discovered the new world in search of India, few ever believe he could make the journey.  Before Hannibal took elephants over the mountains to invade Rome, few, if any, would have thought it possible.    People always cast doubt.  Nor does it have to be on anything so dramatic as reaching the moon.    When I was living on the streets, with no home, no job and no prospects, there were lots of other teens selling the prophesy of doom.  You'll never make it.  No one will give you a chance.  You're not any better than the rest of us and we couldn't do it, so why would you.   Why do they accept and sell those lies and disbeliefs?  Largely because if they truly accepted it was possible then they'd have to take a long, hard look at why they themselves aren't doing it.   Don't listen to them.  Know, just know you'll arrive and go.

I've so much more to say, but no more time at the moment.  For I have places to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment